Monday, April 2, 2007

gobbledygook

coming soon: excerpts from my 5th and 6th grade diary known as "ptk" or "personal thought keeper" (i got the acronym from an oriental rug dealer by the same name that used to be down the street from my parents' house).
friends have suggested that i try to get ptk published but I don’t think that’s very likely and it’s mostly because I don’t want to make celebrities out of the dipshits and nimrods who broke my teeny 10 year old heart back in the day (yes, sam blank, jonah peterson and seth laver – I am talking about you!)
ptk is beyond ridiculous, completely embarrassing and I must be loca to be posting it. it is full of “like/hate lists” (apparently jethro tull is the worst band ever) and I had a new best friend everyday (some things never change).
ptk also features guest writers, mainly my slightly less embarrassing friends, who wrote as if ptk were their own personal thought keeper. ptk was cool like that.
in closing, by posting snippets of ptk, my goal is to eradicate the world of all its ills and provide the little people out there with laughter which - as someone who is not familiar with, nor mentioned in ptk once said - is the best medicine. stay tuned!

3 comments:

eldiablogrande said...

is it weird that everyone time i read about your PTK it instinctively reminds me of Dennis "BTK" Rader, the well-known serial killer? Was your 10-year-old self subconsciously alluding to a church-going fat guy from Oklahoma who kept young women tied up in pits that he dug in his basement? Gross.

Lovely Lily said...

i don't see nothing wrong, with a little bit of bump and bind, torture and kill, baby.

Unknown said...

I love reading the thoughts you had as a 10 year old. They are comical and true to heart. Children are the most honest beings one will ever meet. Plus...they repeat everything...so watch what you say to those that are larning to speak! I've gotten in some dip sh&* for sying stuff aorund my younger brother and sister as they wer coming of age.