Friday, September 19, 2008

you take the good, you take the bad...


I just learned that in 1987, The Facts of Life was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Achievement in Hairstyling. (Moonlighting won. Max Headroom was also nominated.) Tootie must have been pissed!
I wonder if 227 was ever recognized. I mean, I recognize it every February 27 - aka 2/27 - which is like the best day of the year. That Marla Gibbs was an inspiration!

In other news, the guy from Moviefone died. "Why don't you just tell the name of the movie you'd like see?"
R.I.P.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

thanks to you i now have this theme song stuck in my head, where it replaced the golden girls theme song ali supplied me with yesterday. it could be worse, it could be the growing pains theme song. you know when they went all accapella on that shit? which reminds me, i saw kirk cameron on tv the other day, did you know he was married to the chick that played his girlfriend? and his sister is a HUGE jesus freak. i don't know how this train got so off track. my bad.

alison wadsworth said...

personally i think the dynasty had the best hair-stylings of the 80's. but that's just me...

alison wadsworth said...

speaking of which, i just found the OFFICIAL dynasty website: shoulderpads.net radness.

Tegan said...

I'll have you know that while 227 was not recognized for hair styling - Jackee did win an Emmy for her portrayal of Sandra on 227 in 1986! - flo

Flintskins said...

Mr. Moviefone is not dead, you're thinking of the "In A World..." guy from the previews. Shame on you. I demand a retraction.

Lovely Lily said...

i swear someone told me the moviefone guy died and surely they couldn't have been confusing him with the "in a world where..." guy! but based on an extensive 3-second google search, there is no news of the death mr moviefone. consider that your retraction, you leprechaun!